Friday, January 9, 2009

Overdue


Our life is comedic. I am filled with good intentions every year of having a family picture taken. I wait until the last minute and then we attempt to have them taken by my kind sister who somehow manages to behead one of us. It's hard to choose between your headless kid or your husband who has his eyes shut in 98% of the photos. This photo was my favorite. I should've used it for our Christmas Photo Card, but unfortunately I got talked into another one. It would've looked so much better with the card.

So this year, I actually made an appointment with someone PROFESSIONAL to have our pictures taken. Mind you, I waited until November and I had 4 days to pull together something for us all to wear. Hey, I work better under a deadline.



Here we are looking out at Downtown Portland.
I love this one even if it is our tushies.







McKay trying to look serious.
This takes a lot.
Keaton close up! It's good to see his eyes for a change.

Sophie Belle. One of her
front teeth was literally
hanging on for dear life!








With the time passing as quickly as it does, I definitely want to remember how my kids looked at different stages of their lives. And even if I don't necessarily like the way I look or don't want to have professional pictures done with my braces--it's important to remember everything. A good family photo for us was long overdue.

1 comment:

Margie and Mark said...

Uh, I can empathize with the last minute thing. The pictures came out wonderful. They are stylish yet natural and simple (the way pictures should show us, as you say). You are part of the beautiful people now :)