So I am making a list of the perks of being the oldest child. Let's see: my parents were stricter with me, you're the guinea pig for new parents, I got to be the "example" and I made my mistakes first. Oh wait, those aren't perks. Well, anyway a true perk is being an Aunt. I'm done having kids, but I still get to hold babies because my siblings are still cranking them out. All of the fun without the stretch marks--sweet! Not to mention I can sugar 'em up and send them home. Buh bye!

So here is my dad with little Owen who arrived right before Christmas in 2007. He is my brother's son and in this picture he is just days old. See all that hair on the baby? Yup, genetic. Sorry dad, Owen is giving you a run for your money.
Now this year has gone by quickly and Owen has grown into a beautiful BLONDE boy. What a doll. I'm envious of his lashes. My Maybelline doesn't do that!


Here he is eating dinner. Do you see the look on his face? I can tell he is thrilled with Aunt Carrie having the camera in his face. Again.

Owen is the youngest of five so you can tell he is used to people being in his face. It doesn't even phase him!

And then 10 days after Owen arrived, Kirsi decided to make her debut. She was a few weeks early. This is my sister's daughter. Everyone else had boys first. Everyone else had dark hair. No one had the first baby in Clark County. Big show off!

I watch Kirsi 2-3 days a week. She has a fun personality and lacks for no attention from the kids. Of course when your with Aunt Carrie
all day....there are LOTS of photo ops.

You never know when you're going to need a head lamp. We are prepared for anything. Hey if a vacuum needs a light, why not a scootching baby?

Seriously, it's like dolly dress up! As long as it is on HER terms. No one tells Kirsi what to do. NO ONE.

And here she is on her first birthday. See Aunt Carrie put nothing but a barrette on your head. Not this time anyhow.
It's fun being an Aunt and I enjoy these cute kids. It is definitely one of the perks of being the oldest. So add that to my list. Whew, there is one.
1 comment:
Brings back memories of when you watched Hannah.
Post a Comment