Thursday, January 15, 2009

Eleven

It's 1997, we were living in Kansas. Scott was going to Grad School in Missouri. We decided to add to our brood once again. McKay was nearly 2 and we wanted our kids to be spaced fairly close in age. I worked at Baby Gap which was a new concept at the time. And as you can see, I was a vision of lovliness. Here I am, obviously at Christmastime, smiling happily even though I look as if I've had my wisdom teeth pulled and swallowed a $5.00 watermelon. (With seeds of course because THAT'S why I am in this condition.)



I was due around the first-second week of February. In this picture, I had no idea that I would be holding a baby in my arms a mere 2 weeks away.
And although it is NOT surprising to me now, Keaton arrived on January 15, 1998. Not to be one to miss out on anything, he came early! He was a sweet lil' guy with such a happy disposition and LOADS of hair. A Narvasa family trait. Always.

And then he started to get bigger and was so shy. Why he would hardly talk to his preschool teacher or any other adult for that matter. And he CLUNG to his friend Adam for dear life. Velcro, I say.



And then out of nowhere this new kid emerged! Someone who was social. Someone who LOVES an audience. Someone who was more outgoing! I wasn't sure this was the same son I once had!
And he loves friends, soccer, CERTAIN brands of clothing (Abercrombie, Hollister) and any kind of snacks. And he is hard to keep up with because he is always on the go. And he LOVES to keep his room clean. Who couldn't love that?



And this is only 1 in a series of who knows how many self-portraits taken with MY camera! Comical. Remind you of anyone?


And here he is showing the "guns". The look on his face cracks me up!
And he still has some of those cheeks. Definitely got the mounds of hair, maybe a bit too much, but I don't stress about that.

And now we are celebrating his 11th birthday. Wasn't it just yesterday? I'm thankful for this guy in my life. Even if he is a BIT strong willed. Even if he HAS to push it to the limit. Even if he DOESN'T always love my choices. He is more than I could've dreamed him to be. And there will be much more to come. After all, he's only eleven.

No comments: