Imagine my surprise as we pull into the Golden Skate. We walk in where it is empty and round the corner. I find my husband in a powder blue tux. And I cannot stop laughing at the sight of this. I never thought I'd see him in one of those.
The room was filled with lots of people yelling SURPRISE! Wait, why is everyone dressed up? Oh my heaven's it's an 80's party! I love this kind of stuff. And I wasn't dressed for it.
Alas, my friends had that covered. After shopping at Value Village and various retail stores, my friends had 2 outfits to choose from. Then, Erika worked her magic while coating me in pink eyeshadow, leg warmers, and a belt to wear around the sweater dress. The braces and zit were compliments of myself. Oh and I can't forget to mention the hole in the ozone layer created by my Final Net hairstyle.
And then it was time to skate! Our friend Shawn logged in some serious hours to make a rockin' 80's CD so I could channel my inner Madonna.
See, we can all get along; prep's & rockers, jocks and cheerleaders.

Kris and Ken and sporting the preppy look. Joy looks fabulous next to Channing's Michael Jackson. He did have one sparkly glove. Such attention to detail!

Ernie and Liz tripping the light fantastic. Snowball couples anyone?

Craig, Monique, Patty, Angie, Shawn, & Aubrey. Don't they all look so dead on? I love that I have friends and family who were so willing to get dressed up for this!
Here's Shannon and Suzie rocking the Madonna and Suddenly Susan look. How cute are they?
Yes, that IS a Members Only jacket. Looks so sporty with the fanny pack. Good thing Scot kept that jacket! Right, Januaria?

And what would skating be without a huge line twirling around? Um, Ladies, ladies....I think we're going too fast!
And what would skating be without a huge line twirling around? Um, Ladies, ladies....I think we're going too fast!

Yup. Too fast. Thank goodness I have lots and lots of padding! I couldn't stop laughing though.

And then there are those who really knew how to skate. Dude, I haven't been roller skating in like 20 years!
And of course we visited and took a break now and again.
A huge thanks to my friends who planned this and my hubby who helped keep me out of the know. You knew what I'd love. What else can I say, except the whole night was a blast. Lots of friends, 80's costumes, cake, music, and skating. It doesn't get much better than this. I am going to rock 40. Like, totally.
No comments:
Post a Comment