So first off we have Trunk or Treat. A mormon holiday where you go from "grocery grabber" to "mormon assault vehicle" in the church parking lot. You fill your bag with candies, granola bars, toothpaste and food storage items. And is it ever a wise decision to serve chili to such a big group? Sophie is "acting" scared of Justin attempting to suck her blood. There will be no Academy Award for her this year.
Fully into the teenage years, McKay's years of cute costumes are gone. For the first event he was Indiana Jones, if he hadn't made it through the Temple of Doom. Zombie Indiana Jones.
And Keaton and his buddies thought it would be humorous to be Power Rangers. Comical. By the way, they don't make these costumes beyond a size 10. Lycra don't lie baby.
Sophie was Fifi the Webkinz Pink Poodle. Yeah I made it. And thank heavens the dollar store stocks pink bath puffs. Lots and lots of pink bath puffs.
Then there was Boo Bash. This is held in Downtown Camas. You go from business to business begging for candy. Some people think it promotes a sense of community. I ask what's next? The freeway ramp? Seriously, it is fun.
All Hallow's Eve. Keaton, Matt the Robber, and Adam the Green Power Ranger are ready with their pillowcases to rock Parker Estates. Intimidating aren't they?
And then McKay opted to go the Prison Mate route. His friend Tanner sported serious camo garb. They had fun, but were the first to return. Trick or treating has lost its luster. It was his last year anyhow.
Scott took Sophie out with our friends the Quists. Scott is a Snake Charmer and Channing is obviously Captain America. On the street, I'm pretty sure the snake could find Captain's achilles heel. I'm just sayin'! Kinley was Glinda the Good Witch. Ava was the Wicked Witch and Lilly was Dorothy. Seriously cute. They had an absolute blast, even if Fifi lost her collar. Good thing we had her microchipped.

And to carry on the Murphy/Narvasa tradition--here is my niece Kirsi wearing the skunk costume I made 14 years ago for McKay. I call it "baby hazing". You HAVE to wear it. She is over the moon about it. And don't you just love those cheeks?

The decor is put away and Target is already playing Christmas music. But several treatbags later and we will have enough candy and memories to last until next Halloween!
And to carry on the Murphy/Narvasa tradition--here is my niece Kirsi wearing the skunk costume I made 14 years ago for McKay. I call it "baby hazing". You HAVE to wear it. She is over the moon about it. And don't you just love those cheeks?
The decor is put away and Target is already playing Christmas music. But several treatbags later and we will have enough candy and memories to last until next Halloween!
No comments:
Post a Comment