Not telling a SOUL, I scheduled the removal of my braces. I'd had them for almost two years! I decided to live a little with the HOT PINK color right before their removal. I thought that might be a clue, but no one caught on and I kept my mouth shut.
Obviously I had to take my own before & after pictures. Here I am right before going to the Ortho....
I told you I didn't tell anyone. When I mean no one, I mean NOT A SOUL. I wanted to see who would notice. So, for being such a great brusher (YAY) I got a gift card from my Orthodontist for Olive Garden. I called Scott and said--'Hey, let's go to lunch! Can you?' Luckily he had a break and was able to go. I arrived not saying a thing. We drove to Olive Garden. Nothing. We ate lunch. Nothing. I acted cheesy, smiling, goofy, you name it......NADA.After 45 minutes of this I couldn't stand it another minute and exclaimed, "I CANNOT BELIEVE YOU HAVEN'T NOTICED THAT I GOT MY BRACES OFF!!" He looked at me and goes, 'Oh yeah.....you did!" And the conversation went from there...because I just couldn't believe it. Truly comical. And what of the others, my kids, friends, family? Why the majority noticed right off the bat, even those who I don't see often.
So to my husband who claims he was 'set up' and 'framed' (in jest of course) I say, SUPRISE!!
2 comments:
that seems so familiar to me! Christie was the first one to notice when Tom shaved his beard. I'm the slacker.
Men and details don't go well together, or in your case, braces OFF! You look like a million bucks and I'm sure Scott will spend all the days of his life admiring you from up close and afar :)
Post a Comment