Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Graduation

I'm in denial. My little Pookie is growing up. Wasn't it just yesterday that I was filling his sippy cup with milk? Reality has hit and yes, my milk loving toddler has now completed 8th grade. He is moving from Middle School to, gulp, High School. We're bracing ourselves.

So 3 years ago McKay's school was opened to 6th Graders. This is the first graduating class that has gone for all 3 years. Here is the whole 8th grade. Well, almost all of them--those girls breaking the dress code were not allowed to participate in the ceremonies. Um, I'm not concerned that he has this surrounding him. No sireeeee. What do you mean she is 14? Are you sure?

McKay is against the wall in the plaid waiting to get his certificate and awards.


And this is the reception. Do the kids want to be with their parents? No, they want to hang with their friends! Duh!





.

Here is McKay and Vaughn his band & soccer bud.


And David. McKay has known David since they were in Kindergarten. It doesn't seem possible that they are ready to enter High School. Yeah, David's dad is REALLY tall!
So getting my bearings and ready to enter the life of the mom of a high schooler--it has been a fun ride. McKay is a good kid and we're proud of his accomplishments and what he has become. I don't want to let my baby go, but it's time to cut the apron strings a bit. I guess it wasn't just him it was for both of us--a graduation.

No comments: