Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Flamingo

Beauty. Poise. Grace. These are words that are often thought of when the word "ballerina" is spoken. What about; Silly. Nutty. Comical. Ahhh, and we are sooooo trying! And my daughter has enjoyed herself this year.

So Sophie wrapped up her year in Ballet with another big production. This year the whole company did, "The Little Mermaid". They actually put on the whole play. Now, we heard that she was going to be a pink flamingo, I didn't remember any pink flamingos in the animated version. I was wrong. Remember the scene in the canoe where Arial is trying to get Eric to kiss her and Sebastian is setting the mooooood? There you go. Every ballerina deserves flowers on the night of her performance!


And here is Sophie and her friend Kinley's "self-portrait"! So cute!

Sophie was so happy to have Kinley in her ballet class this year. It made it so easy to have fun and uh, concentrate on the craft!


And as you can see--they are two VERY serious girls.


And their friends and siblings came to see them perform. What a fun group of girls!
Okay, so she's my only girl and I realize that she may NOT go to Julliard on scholarship...but I am enjoying whatching her have fun. She's dancing. She's laughing. She's loving life surrounded by her friends. Dance your heart out my little pink flamingo!

No comments: