In the meantime, after decorating the gym all day--I had to slam it into first gear and get ready. Here is my oh-so-beautiful dress complete with sleeves that could quite possibly make me take flight. Sad thing here is that yes, my own prom dress from 1987 had similar sleeves--albeit only 1 layer and not two! And if you'll notice the bow and shirring. A lovely Nordstrom's ensemble found at your local Salvation Army for $12.50. BAM!
And who wouldn't want to go to prom with braces? 
And I called the evening "Forever Young". My talented friend Annie made this sign, our King & Queen banners, and the backdrop for pictures. It looked fabulous

And we decorated away. I'm so glad I have friends that totally rock! Not only did they give up their time to help decorate, they came with whatever they could to help. They ran errands for me, they picked up last minute items. Seriously I could've NEVER done it without them.
And we decorated away. I'm so glad I have friends that totally rock! Not only did they give up their time to help decorate, they came with whatever they could to help. They ran errands for me, they picked up last minute items. Seriously I could've NEVER done it without them.
And then my mom drove Scott, blindfolded, up to our location. And here she is walking in. He knew, by this point, where he was. He said he could feel the texture of the walls.
SURPRISE! His reaction made me laugh so hard!
He was shocked by the decor, all the people, and probably the whole situation. He's obviously smart and it's not like he didn't know something was going on!


Here is one of Travis and his family. Travis totally helped me out and brought the whole sound system up; speakers, tuners, whatever else that encompasses. I owe you big Travis.
And we had people bring their yearbooks & Prom pictures. So fun to look at!
And here is the beautiful fountain I rented to serve punch. The gold statuettes brought a tear to my eye. Sniff.

Did you want a cookie? I guess I didn't need to buy anything. My friends came with cookies in droves. You name the kind, we had it!
We couldn't celebrate without a cheesy cake....

or two. Well?! Not everyone likes chocolate!
Here is Troy & Cori. We used to go dancing with them back in the day. Ahhhh, we miss those days. Well, maybe Scott doesn't, but I miss dancing. I used to walk blocks in the snow and spend my food money so I could go dancing. Troy also helped me out with the music. I owe him too--big time. What can I say, the Powers boys rock!

And here is Susan, Monica, & Angie. Ladies....are we smokin' or what?
Both Lara & Shari had tiaras. Love it! I love that they got so into it! They look beautiful!

And here is Scot & Januaria! I love that Scott had his own tie & cummerbund from his high school days in Jazz Choir. And Januaria is slamming her green dress!

My mom going stag! My dad wasn't feeling well so she got came and visited with people she hadn't seen in ages!
Trevor came stag too so he got to visit with friends. Kelsey was a good sport and despite the fact that this baby boy is due in the next few weeks--she worked it. Sweet moves Kels. Mike didn't LOVE being in the suit--but I think he had fun anyhow!
And yes, he used the hair gel liberally! "Here, let me fix that for you."
Here is one of Travis and his family. Travis totally helped me out and brought the whole sound system up; speakers, tuners, whatever else that encompasses. I owe you big Travis.
And we had people bring their yearbooks & Prom pictures. So fun to look at!
And here is the beautiful fountain I rented to serve punch. The gold statuettes brought a tear to my eye. Sniff.
Did you want a cookie? I guess I didn't need to buy anything. My friends came with cookies in droves. You name the kind, we had it!
or two. Well?! Not everyone likes chocolate!
And here is Susan, Monica, & Angie. Ladies....are we smokin' or what?
And here is Scot & Januaria! I love that Scott had his own tie & cummerbund from his high school days in Jazz Choir. And Januaria is slamming her green dress!
My mom going stag! My dad wasn't feeling well so she got came and visited with people she hadn't seen in ages!
3 comments:
Very cute party Carrie...and Scott of course!!! Sorry we had to miss it.....but as you know...we were throwing our own 40-year-old party for Megan. We will really have to coordinate party dates for their 50th birthdays!!!
Anyhow, it looks like you all had a wonderful time!
Carrie, you are sneaky and very clever! I want to steal this idea for Mark's 40th bday in Dec. (or the roller rink one if I can find a rink in England:) What a great surprise it must have been . . . you rocked that prom dress, too, by the way.
just wondering what kind of corsage scott had?
Post a Comment