
Okay, yeah so I won a contest. Well, the idea of winning FREE ICE CREAM can surely make even the worst writer turn into Bill Shakespeare himself. Truly. So I sent in an essay about why my neighborhood deserves an ice cream block party and I actually won. I basically got to pick from some dates they had and they let me know which one would work for my party.
Dreyer's mailed out a box with ice cream scoops, bowls, napkins, wet wipes, door invites, a sign, tablecloths, spoons, a few free ice cream & bar coupons and more and more coupons. Then a few days before the big shindig they mailed me a huge box of ice cream and bars. That's 12 gallons of Slow Churned and 4 boxes of bars. They even sent coupons for free boxes of frozen dog treats.
Here's our friend's dog Katie enjoying her first treat.
When Clancy another friend's dog was too distracted to
eat his, why she finished his off too! Woof!


So, we got to invite our neighbors, friends, and of course family. So with me is the Quist family whilst I'm sporting my new contest winning apron. And then there is Sophie and Keaton in the grey with their friends Aiden, Kaeli, and Mitch!

I may have not gotten to taste my favorite--Cookie Dough, but I have a coupon to save myself a dollar. And so 14 gallons of ice cream, 6 boxes of ice cream bars, around 50 neighbors, family and dogs later and it was a blast. Dreyer's totally rocks! The coolest thing to happen to me this year? Hands down, no contest.


1 comment:
Ok, so let me get this straight- Around MY BIRTHDAY you had an ICE cream party, which #1 you didn't tell me about and #2 You didn't invite me to!! I'm so hurt. You know I would have flown 1000 miles or more to have Free Ice cream! Or at least a coupon! he he he
Just messing with you, which I'm sure you know but it looks like alot of fun! Love you-
Post a Comment