Thursday, August 7, 2008

Camp



Spending a week at Scout Camp with his son is right up Scott's alley. This year our ward went to Camp Meriweather. This is the camp where eons ago, Scott was the Waterfront Director. He did this for 2 years in 1990 and 1991. Scott and I got engaged at the beginning of the summer of 1990. And do I love a man in uniform? Oh boy do I. I just couldn't say no to a man who had on green knee socks with a thick red band. It brings a tear to my eye. Sniff.


If you'll note here, Scott is sporting a 'stache. Look closely. You may want to grab your magnifying glass.




And here is McKay after his night in the woods alone for his Wilderness Survival class. I was so excited for him to take this class until I found out about the bears. I'm not sure why there are bears when McKay and Scott alone brought enough junk food to necessitate another backpack. Would you want berries and salmon when you could have Pop Tarts and Cheez Its? Just a theory though.






The camp was on the Oregon Coast and the boys
used a bit of their free time on the beach. We have
countless pictures of boy after boy being buried.
Not to mention a serious game of "King of the Hill".


Here is McKay with his friend Tanner. Enjoying the
extremely nice Oregon Coast weather. It's not like
California here with the sun out everyday.
However, the sunny, clear days are truly
stunning.


It was a good week for both Scott and McKay
and after all the fun and the stories,
I've decided that....what happens at Scout Camp, stays at Scout Camp.

No comments: