We've been friends for 25+ years and since we don't get to see each other often, and well, Robin spoiled me and had some things planned for my stay. I got a massage. Yup, you read that right...I haven't had a massage in uh, years, like double digit years. It felt quite relaxing.We ate lunch and dinked around. It was fun to see her home and her family. It was quite fun to be on the other side of things as we transported the boys to the places they needed to be! They made me laugh!
I have to say though, if I was a prisoner, this view would probably keep me sane. Gorg-eous! I so love blue water.
Seriously, you need to maximize your space. For heavens sake...if you're going to be in here for so many hours out of the day, you might as well!!
Again, just the feeling of being 'caged up' so to speak. It would be hard to keep your chin up here for sure!
I had to take this picture because what is interesting is that the red spice containers are "Schilling" brand which is the company my father worked for. I have some of these 'vintage' spice containers myself. Dude, it's just like I was servin' time at The Rock!
Well, even though you're incarcerated, I cannot imagine a more beautiful view from a jail recreational yard. It was a beautiful view of San Francisco!

Just a few of the boats docked up.
Of course we had to hit 'Pier 39' because, well, just to say I'd done it.
And I had to get a picture of this because my boys would love this store. Heck, I love this stuff--but the practical joke stuff is what we like best. Big surprise there.
Then there is what I called 'Seal Beach'. Check them out...they're just basking in the sun! I mean do they not know what it can do to your skin?? Oh wait, they're seals.
In a world of politically correct people I was so surprised to see this! No I didn't purchase any....
Of course Ghiradelli Square was a definite on the list of things to see. I figured since it is the actual location that there would be 'specialty' items for purchase. Uh, yeah, same chocolate that you can buy at Fred Meyer for tons cheaper. But hey....I BOUGHT it there so it's fresher, well, if I didn't have to uh, fly it back with me!!

Then we hit Lombard Street! The houses are amazing and as silly as it seems...I thought it was fun to wind down, especially with my head out the sunroof. Ooops. Helllooooo Officer!


Who can afford these places? Amazing.
Then we were off to see the 'Painted Ladies'. This is used in the 'Full House' opening credits. I knocked on the door and asked for Uncle Jesse but ran away when I heard something about a restraining order. Geez...some people.
Of course we hit the Golden Gate Bridge. I have to say that having only seen it in pictures or television gives it no justice. It is pretty darn amazing to see it in person. This shows the thickness of all of the little cables together to form this solid piece. WOW. I couldn't stop thinking about red licorice though.
After our tour of Alcatraz, we hit the pier. It was beautiful out, lots of people were out and about and I know most people don't enjoy that--but I so love the hustle and bustle!!
Of course we had to hit 'Pier 39' because, well, just to say I'd done it.
And I had to get a picture of this because my boys would love this store. Heck, I love this stuff--but the practical joke stuff is what we like best. Big surprise there.Then we hit Lombard Street! The houses are amazing and as silly as it seems...I thought it was fun to wind down, especially with my head out the sunroof. Ooops. Helllooooo Officer!
Who can afford these places? Amazing.
No comments:
Post a Comment