Monday, April 26, 2010

Mob

I recently was on a quick shopping trip with my niece Kirsi. We were at the local WinCo. I failed to notice that whilst perusing the aisles that Kirsi decided to 'get rid of' her stuffed Grover. I didn't realize this until I was bagging my groceries, which I might add is a MAD skill I have thanks to my dedicated years as a Cerkoney's Thrifway employee. After finishing bagging, which again was done so quickly because of my technique and mad skillz, I combed the store for Grover--unable to locate him. I left my name and phone number on a piece of paper with the kind woman at the customer service desk who reassured me she would 'HANDLE IT.'

I received a phone call the next day and I immediately drove over to retrieve the beloved Grover. This is what was handed to me:

I mean, one has to wonder.... is WinCo a Mob Operation? Hear me out people:

1. They tout their horns that it is "EMPLOYEE OWNED"

2. You 'BAG' your own stuff.

3. There's an exchange of money.

4. They have their own Pizza Parlor inside the store. (Hello....Leonardos??)

5. They want you to feel like family.

And now this? I mean Grover is bound? I'm suprised he wasn't tied to a brick. Maybe he had seen too much. . . You know I am only kidding, I gotta watch out or I might get mixed up with the mob.

No comments: