One of the fringe benefits of moving to this neighborhood would be the kids and all the fun activities that they plan. And sure enough there is the ever popular Egg Hunt. Unfortunately, these are plastic, candy-filled eggs. Darn. I was hoping for a fridge full of half-rotting, cracked, and oh-s0-fragrant-REAL eggs. Oh well, chocolate will have to suffice.

So early in the a.m. Sophie was off to this celebration and as you can see she had PLENTY. If I was smart, I would've taken the chocolate out of this basket and re-gifted it. Oops. Did I just type that?

My little goof was pretending to go over the marked line before they blew the whistle. Hey...if no one is looking.....
And she's off! Don't worry, no one was hurt in the acquisition of said eggs. Well, none that we're claiming.


After the egg hunt, we had some friends over. Emma, a friend of Sophie's, was moving back to Utah. We wanted to have some fun so we colored eggs with her, Cassidy, and the boys and their friend Sam. No matter the age--everyone had a good time. I boiled like 2 1/2 dozen and wished I had done even more. The problem is....who eats all those? Not it!
Now McKay had just returned from a very damp overnight camping trip. He showered and returned to help with the coloring.
Here are the girls carefully choosing their colors and decorations. They were perfectionists. Who knew that what HUE was soooo important?!

And before bed, Sophie wrote this little note to the Easter Bunny asking for his picture and autograph. How cute is that? Turns out her cousin Noah did the same thing. No wonder they get along so great!

And here is Sophie with her basket. Why yes, that is a rare Artic Fox Webkinz. Apparently not rare enough to find at your local Hallmark store and purchased with a coupon.

And here is Keaton who is always happy to have treats at his disposal. Minutes later there were a pile of wrappers lying on the counter, cheeks filled to the maximum density, and one happy boy. Another Easter.
No comments:
Post a Comment