Sunday, July 20, 2008

Sand


My sister Kelsey, Scott, myself and our kids were
looking for some summer fun on Saturday. (That's my nephew Brogan on the left) So, we decided to venture to downtown Portland's "Sand in the City". We have a beach a mere 2 hours away, but where else can you walk through a bunch of sand sculptures and then cross the street to pick up a pair of flat-front, no wrinkle khakis at the Gap? Not to mention they were giving out free banana smoothie samples from Starbucks. (Way to reel in those Mormons!)

The kids enjoyed the sand sculptures and playing in the huge sand pit. Scott, Kelsey, & I enjoyed people watching. I know I am getting old because hanging out downtown used to feel so much cooler. Now I worry about where we are going to park our car and whether or not I am going to need to gather my children quickly and run from the questionable teenager who has a rat climbing all over her and is sucking on a pacifier. We still had fun. Gotta love the city.


Keaton filling up his bucket

This is the beginning stages of McKay's metropolis complete with tunnel.











Sophie is perfectly content with just being happy & making something happy.

No comments: