Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Gimp




















Keaton wrapped up the Murphy's Legacy at Cub Scout Day Camp this last week. 5 years of attending with both of our boys--it is so bittersweet. I guess our water bill will go down as well as our laundry soap and shampoo budget. I could've raised up my front yard a good 2 feet with all the extra dirt Keat was packing. At camp, The Trading Post is the hot spot of course, and I got a cavity just looking at all the Airheads Keaton bought. Even so, the majority of his cash went to purchasing the materials to make Gimp or as it is often referred to as--Boondoogle. It takes a special love of this lost art form to appreciate the beauty and hard work used to make keychains and accessories. I truly appreciate the art form myself, because it is unbelievable how quiet the minivan is when 7 boys are concentrating on weaving over and under and twisting and threading through. I am hoping that like Deb from Napoleon Dynamite, Keaton can save up for college by selling them door-to-door. And as you can see, with Gimp, the possibilites are endless.



No comments: